우리의 이사회 공인 이민 전문가 EB-5 자본을 늘리려는 비즈니스 고객들에 대한 USCIS 승인을 얻는 데 성공했습니다. 마이클 해리스 (Michael Harris)는 EB-5 지역 센터를 대표하여 다양한 산업 프로젝트를 위해 최소 8 백만 달러에서 2 억 5 천만 달러로 모금하고 있습니다.
프로젝트에 EB-5 프로그램을 사용하는 방법. 비즈니스 개발자는 EB-5 이민자 투자자 프로그램을 사용하여 프로젝트를 개발하고 기금을 모으기 위해 두 가지 옵션을 제공합니다 : (1) 직접 EB-5 투자 또는 (2) EB-5 지역 센터 프로그램에 의해 투자 된 투자. 자본 스택의 일부로 사용할 옵션을 결정하는 데는 여러 가지 장단점이 있습니다. 두 가지 방법 모두 외국인 투자자가 귀하의 사업에 대한 자본 기여도를 대가로 영주권을 얻을 수있는 기회를 제공 할 수 있습니다. 두 가지 옵션의 주요 차이점은 고용 방법론과 일자리 창출의 영향을받는 시간 제약에 있습니다. 이는 EB-5 Regional Center에서만 일자리를 만들 수 있기 때문입니다. 간접적으로 프로젝트의 지출 및 수입뿐만 아니라 유도 된 spending on the local economy, as predicted by an economic impact study. If a project is not affiliated with an EB-5 Regional Center, then it may still benefit from EB-5 capital—but it may only rely on 곧장 일자리.
EB-5 지역 센터 란 무엇입니까??
A “Regional Center” is a company that has been approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to focus on a specific geographical area within the United States by seeking to promote economic growth through improved regional productivity, creation of new jobs, and increased domestic capital investment. A project which is affiliated with an Regional Center can utilize the direct jobs created by the commercial enterprise, as well as the indirect and induced jobs created according to a reasonable economic impact study’s prediction. Further, the project has the option of only relying on the indirect jobs created, which can be a tremendous benefit to large commercial enterprises by not having to rely on direct jobs (and the large volume of employment and tax records needed).
A capital investment made under the EB-5 Regional Center is funded through a commercial enterprise located within a ?regional center,? which is defined as ?any economic unit, public or private, which is involved with the promotion of economic growth, including increased export sales, improved regional productivity, job creation, or increased domestic capital investment.? To be able to use the benefits of an EB-5 Regional Center, an applicant must first seek USCIS approval by submitting a proposal showing how it plans to focus on a geographical region and industry or industries within the United States and achieve the required growth by the means specified. The proposal must show ?in verifiable detail how jobs will be created,? as well as the amount and source of capital committed and the promotional efforts made and planned.
In summary, the USCIS will require a Regional Center proposal to show the kinds of commercial enterprises that will receive capital from investor; the jobs that will be created directly or indirectly as a result of the investment of capital; the other positive economic impacts that will result from the investment of capital; whether the Regional Center’s project is located within a government-defined Targeted Area of Employment or TEA (e.g. a U.S. Census-defined metropolitan statistical area (MSA) where the unemployment is at least 150% of the national average, or in a ?rural? area that is outside an MSA and has a population of less than 20,000 people); and the management plans for the Regional Center (once approved and receiving EB-5 Investor capital) to oversee its annual reporting requirements.
EB-5 준수 지역 센터 제안서를 준비하기 위해, 이민 서류 제출은 일반적으로 프로젝트 문서화 (아래에 논의 됨), 경제적 영향 연구, 포괄적 인 사업 계획 및 실제 잠재적 프로젝트와 관련된 사설 배치 계약서를 필요로합니다 (가상 프로젝트는 개인 배치 제공). 지역 센터 제안을 시작하기 전에 비즈니스 개발자가 프로젝트의 실현 가능성을 보장하기 위해 실사를 수행하는 것이 좋습니다. 이민 변호인과 이코노미스트와 협력하여 프로젝트가 직접, 간접 및 / 또는 유도 된 직무로 이어질 지 여부와 프로젝트가 TEA에 배치 될지 여부를 평가하는 것과 같은 다른 실사 수준도 권고됩니다.
지역 센터 프로젝트는 EB-5 직접 프로젝트와 어떻게 다른가요??
EB-5 Direct Project의 요구 사항은 지역 센터와 관련된 프로젝트와 매우 유사합니다. 다음 항목은 지역 센터 프로젝트와 EB-5 직접 프로젝트를 구별합니다.
- Economic Impact Study. A direct project does 아니 require an economic impact study as only direct jobs are allowed. The predicted job creation must be articulated in verifiable detail in a comprehensive business plan. When an investor seeks to petition the USCIS to remove the conditions on his or her residence, proof of the direct job creation will be documented with employment and tax records, as well as other documentation showing that the EB-5 capital was spent on the EB-5 project as planned.
- USCIS Pre-Approval. A direct project does not have to seek project pre-approval from USCIS. This may be beneficial for project owners who do not wish to wait the many months necessary for USCIS to adjudicate a new Regional Center. USCIS processing times for new Regional Center applications have varied between more than 4 months to 15 months — and this is before an investor’s petition based on a Regional Center project can be filed. This additional delay and expense may not always be in the best interest of a project owner’s desired timeline to commence work. Note that after a regional center has been approved, subsequent projects that are within the previously-approved geographic territory 필요 없다 USCIS의 사전 승인. 따라서 자격 및 잠재적 투자자 신뢰를 확인하기 위해 필요하다면 사전 승인을 USCIS에 추가로 제출할 수 있습니다.
- When Can Initial Investors File? A direct project can have its investors file their petitions immediately upon having a set of EB-5 compliant materials (e.g. a business plan, corporate documentation, and proof of the actual project’s imminent commencement). A Regional Center project is able to do the same for new projects only after the Regional Center has been approved.
- Rent Payments to a Regional Center. A direct project owner is not required to pay “rent” or fees to a Regional Center to obtain EB-5 capital. (Note that this is 아니 true for project owners who own their Regional Center.) Regional Centers tend to charge a fee for participants to utilize their designation. This may range from a combination including an amount per investor, a signup fee, a percentage of the EB-5 funds borrowed through the regional center, and even a part of the project owner’s equity stake in the enterprise.
- USCIS Annual Report. A direct project owner is not currently required to submit an annual report on all of its EB-5 activities each year to the USCIS. Regional center owners are required to file an annual report prior to the end of the calendar year. Failure to file an annual report may lead to termination or revocation of a Regional Center’s designation.
- USCIS Filing Fee. A direct project owner does not have to pay a filing fee to have his project approved by USCIS. Each investor filing under the project will pay their own filing fee. A project seeking to fund through an existing USCIS-approved Regional Center will not need to pay a USCIS filing fee; the filing fee is only required when the Regional Center seeks its designation or if it needs to file an amendment with the USCIS.
- Investment Funds May Be Pooled. Both a Direct EB-5 project and Regional Center project may pool funds from a group of investors.
- Portfolio Funds Allowed. Both types of projects may allow investors to fund investments through portfolios, however a direct project will require a holding company to wholly own the underlying subsidiaries where job creation occurs.
- Minimum Investment of $500,000. Both types of projects allow for investments to be made in TEAs at a $500,000 amount per investor.
- Business Plan Required. Both types of projects must have a comprehensive business plan.
- Private Placement Offering Required for Pooled Funds. Both types of projects, if pooling funds together, should have a set of proper U.S. and State Securities Law compliant offering materials (e.g. Private Placement Memorandum, Limited Partnership Agreement, Subscription Agreement, Escrow Agreement, etc.).
일반 프로젝트 요구 사항
EB-5 지역 센터 신청의 관점에서, USCIS에 의해 승인되었을 때, 프로그램 하에서 EB-5 자격을 찾는 투자자 신청자는 적격 투자를 할 수 있습니다 (즉, $ 500,000 또는 $ 1 백만)을 승인 된 지역 센터 내에 제출해야합니다. 자격을 갖춘 미국 근로자를 위해 적어도 10 개의 새로운 정규직을 창설해야한다는 요구는 새로운 기업의 결과로 그러한 직무가 직간접 적으로 창출 될 것이라는 사실을 보여줌으로써 충족됩니다. 또한 최근 USCIS 지침에 따라 EB-5 Regional Center 프로젝트는 최소 2 년 이상 지속될 것으로 예상되는 경우에만 건설 직무를 직접 고용으로 활용할 수 있다는 점에 유의해야합니다. 또한이 프로젝트는 검증 가능하고 합리적인 경제 고용 창출 방법론에만 의존하여 지역 경제에 필요한 프로젝트 지출 또는 투입이 간접적이거나 유도 된 일자리를 최소화 할 수 있음을 보여줍니다.
In today’s marketplace for commercial loans and investment capital when traditional sources of funding may have become increasingly unavailable for industrial development, real estate, construction, and venture-capital-seeking businesses, the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program has attracted great interest. Today, more businesses are choosing to seek EB-5 capital, whether through a Direct EB-5 project, by forming a Regional Center, or by having their project licensed by an existing Regional Center, in order to seek and attract the many thousands of foreign investors willing to invest at least $500,000 for the opportunity to secure a green card. At HarrisLaw, we have represented EB-5 Regional Center Projects which have sought EB-5 capital raises ranging from $10 million to $250 million. We also have represented smaller Direct EB-5 projects where the pooled funds sought were as little as $500,000. Our commitment to ensuring our clients success in the EB-5 program is dedicated, as shown through our membership in organizations such as IIUSA, the nation’s largest EB-5 industry trade association, the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), as well as through Michael A. Harris’s certification by the Florida Bar as a specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law.
If you are interested, please